FLUOROtechnics Australia Pty Limited
is a private company based in Australia that specialises in the discovery, development and manufacture of fluorescent labels and stains for use in research, biotechnology and diagnostics. The company also has sales and marketing offices in the North America and Europe.
FLUOROtechnics scientists discovered a new family of structurally related fluorescent molecules that are produced by a filamentous fungus.
These proprietary fluorophores:
• Are bright, enabling sensitive detection.
• Are particularly useful for multiplexing with other fluorophores.
• Have a low molecular weight and are water soluble making them easy to use.
• Can be used in living systems to measure dynamic processes in real time.
• Are compatible with standard fluorescence-based instrumentation.
• Are available in a form that reacts with protein and peptides to yield a fluorescent product.
• Are environmentally friendly, natural products that are biodegradable.
The company has focused on the development of research tools that are mainly used in Proteomics and Cellulomics. Fluorotechnics technology is also being applied to enzyme assays and to diagnostics.
1. LavaPurple – A fluorescent protein gel stain for 1 and 2D gels
2. LavaPurple – A fluorescent protein blot stain
3. LavaPep – A fluorescent peptide quantification kit
4. LavaCell – A fluorescent stain for live cell imaging
5. LavaDigest – A fluorescence based kit for monitoring proteolytic digests.
Fluorotechnics kits are:
• The most sensitive kits available for detecting proteins and peptides in gels, blots or cells.
• Simple and quick to use.
• Compatible with all downstream analysis (e.g. mass spectrometry)
• Provide quantification of over a wide dynamic range.
• Both safe to use and simple to dispose of.